One ZDnet.com.au writer recently lamented about what he considered to be the worst food to eat over a computer keyboard.
I can definitely feel his pain. There are two people I provide support for that have keyboards which totally gross me out. I turn the keyboard over and bang it on the desk, out falls all matter of food debris.
Twice now, I’ve had to find new keyboards for those who thought it would be OK to drink coffee over the keyboard. Not when they discover the coffee is McDonald’s version of hot: able to melt steel.
Finding things people have under their desks runs a close second for grossness. Old food. Shoes and socks (not clean), staples (Found out the hard way).
Then there’s just the stuff lying around the desk. it’s incredible that people will drink coffee out of a mug that hasn’t been washed since the first Bastille Day (why am I noting a French holiday? Because I can. Thank YOU Mr. Constitution).
Yeah, there’s got to be some truth to the study which showed that an office desk is dirtier than the bathroom.