Monday, October 24, 2005

Bond, Batman and Jack

With all the recent news and PR surrounding Pierce Brosnan being dumped for a blonde...errr...the producers naming a new Bond, Cinematical has made a list of what they think are the best Bond flicks. I tend to agree but I'd omit any Roger Moore flavored movies. Simon Templer is not James Bond.

Oh, and by the way, there are lots of rumors about the next Christian Bale (Batman Begins) flavored Batman movie, notably, who will play The Joker? The best guess is Michael Keaton. he played Batman/Bruce Wayne in the first Tim Burton bat-flick. At first, I thought it was a wild pick but then it grew on me. Just look at Keaton in BeetleJuice, he could really play The Joker, and I'm not dissing Jack Nicholson's version at all.

Which, of course, reminds me of when I watched the Oscars one year when they gave a lifetime achievement award to Jack Nicholson. A montage of his movies was shown but instead of showing him as The Joker, they showed Batman. Nicholson just wouldn't let this go at the film's end saying something to the effect of "A movie about me and they show the G******ed Batman," on live TV. Of course, he was wearing that famous grin of his but noboby thought he was joking.

Jack rules.