Friday, November 10, 2006

Brand Bigot

I've been working with computers and electronics for a long time now. Like many tech geeks, I've become something of a "brand bigot". In other words, I like Netgear consumer-grade networking stuff, others out there prefer Linksys. I like Mac OS X, others like Windows XP or Vista. This is not to say I think one brand is soooo much better than the others. It means I like that brand for a particular set of reasons, mileage will vary.

That said, here are some brands I like in particular product categories:

Telephones: Panasonic
Cell Phone: Motorola, Nokia, Palm
Wireless Phone Service Provider: Verizon
Computers: Apple, Dell
Videogame Console: Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii
Printers: Hewlett-Packard
Cars: Honda
Televisions: Sony, Toshiba
PDA: Palm (but the PDA market is dying by way of smartphones)
MP3 Player: Apple iPod
Clothes: L.L. Bean, Eddie Bauer
Department Store: Target