Monday, January 15, 2007

AT&T To Cingular To AT&T

AT&T used to be the largest cell phone network in the United States. AT&T decided they didn't want to be a mobile service provider anymore and sold it to Cingular.

AT&T recently bought BellSouth and now owns that 40% share of Cingular it didn't own and will now replace the Cingular name and dump it in favor of their DeathStar logo (ugh). READ

I have been thinking about getting the Apple iPhone but was reluctant becLinkause of Cingular's problems. Now there will be a transition, again, from Cingular to AT&T. Do I really want that headache?

Maybe I'll just stick with Verizon Wireless, like I have for four years, and get the MotoKrazr. At least it has things the iPhone won't have like voice dial which is extremely handy. Or maybe go to the dark side and get a Motorola Q.