The college football season is now done. I only watched the Orange Bowl and Rose Bowls this year.
Yes, Penn State won the Orange Bowl but heck, I'd rather remember the 1987 Orange Bowl. That was a much more impressive win over Miami. This year's game was an ugly mess.
Joe Paterno was sporting a really deep tan that could give George Hamilton a run for the money. Micheal Robinson, in spite of the pre-game hype by the announcers botched a snap, threw an interception and simply had trouble connecting with his receivers. Then there were all the missed field goal attempts.
Thank goodness for players like Austin Scott and Ethan Kilmer on the offense, and Paul Posluszny, on defense. Those guys did outstanding work.
The Rose Bowl was no myth as the national championship this year. It was great to watch two incredibly stellar teams play against each other. No. 1 University of Southern California Trojans versus No. 2 University of Texas Longhorns.
I lived in Austin, TX when the Longhorns last won the national championship, so you could pretty much guess who I was cheering for. Hook 'Em Horns, folks!
Vince Young, Texas' junior quarterback, just may be the best quarterback in the country. I have rarely seen a quarterback act so cool under pressure. I am amazed though that Texas did so well in spite of the number of fumbles they committed.
While I was cheering on Texas, either team deserved to be national champs.
Now to see how the Chicago Bears fare in the pro playoffs.