I ordered the Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Caramel deLites (probably the most popular) and Lemon Pastry Cremes. I should probably see if I can get the Lemon Coolers. Might help stave off cabin fever.
It's that time of year and now it seems that with the start of every Fall and Spring academic semesters, there's the usual onslaught of fund raiser purchase requests. Girl Scout cookies, trash bags, wrapping paper, magazine subscriptions, hoagies, etc.
Wikipedia has a great article about Girl Scout Cookies.
Exact details vary from Girl Scout council to council, as each council negotiates with the baker and sets their own prices. The individual troop selling the cookies typically receives about $0.40 to $0.60 per box. After the cookies are paid for, the majority of the additional monies go to the Girl Scout Council, and are used to pay for events and activities for the girls, maintenance of the council's Girl Scout camps and other properties, cookie sale incentives, and Council administration costs. Each council can provide a breakdown showing how cookie money is used in that council (this information is usually printed on the back of the girl's Cookie Order Form).I love Girl Scout Cookies. The quality is consistantly excellent and it's really tough to choose a flavor since they are all good. The only problem is that they don't help if you are trying to maintain any sort of diet.
What surprises me is that the Girl Scouts of America prohibits sales over the internet. I guess the idea is to teach the girls how to interact with the public.