Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The San Francisco Burrito

While reading one person's blog about his trip to San Francisco and the Mac Expo this week, I saw mention of the "San Francisco burrito". There was even a link to a Wikipedia entry.

That Wikipedia entry reminded me of the couple of years I lived in Cupertino, just a few blocks or so down from Apple's headquarters. My friend Simeon introduced me to a great restaurant called Pollo's Mexican Rotisserie, just off of Stevens Creek Blvd.

They offered huge burritos filled with rice and freshly made chicken. Their salsa was handmade and there was a variety of hot sauces to choose from. Very fresh and great quality for a cheap price. Pollo's was a great place to visit Saturday afternoons.

I would have to agree that the "San Francisco style burrito" is probably the pre-cursor to the wrap sandwiches we see all over the place.

Other restaurants I miss from the San Jose area include Armadillo Willy's, in Sunnyvale, and Yoshinoya's, in Cupertino.