Last night, Wen-Yi and I drove to the mall to find a birthday gift for her friend's 8 year-old daughter. We went into a store called Claire's Accessories. After looking around for a little bit, the girl who was working there asked if we were looking for anything. Wen-Yi mentioned that she was trying to find something for an 8 year-old girl. The Claire's girl right away suggested that Wen-Yi get a gift card since she could leave it up to the 8 year-old to find something.
Mmm-kay, girlfriend, thanks for the hot, creative tip. I'm so used to my sales background where my managers told me to point out what was on sale, what was popular and point out how several items could go together. "Go for the Up-Sale." Instead, we get a suggestion to buy a gift card. Don't work too hard there, girlfriend.
While I thought the It's Happy Bunny stuff was cool, Claire's seems a bit too trendy and way too cute for me.