Apple Computer, Inc. opened their newest Apple Store in New York City, on 5th Avenue, Friday May 19 at 6pm. The store features a 30 foot glass cube in front of the entrance.
As part of the celebration, they set up a camera in front of the store hooked to the web to show time-elapsed photos of the first 24 hours being open.
This is a very cool thing to watch. I never knew that many people could be wandering around in front of the store at 4 in the morning. Fascinating to watch the windows in the building behind the glass cube as the day progresses.
According to a reader at TUAW.com,"If you click on the time lapse, it will stop and you can step through the frames with the arrow keys."
One guy even proposed to his girlfriend in front of the camera.
I know where I'm heading on my next trip to NYC.