Thursday, March 16, 2006

Port Management For Sale

DP World said they are seeking buyers for the rights to manage six U.S. ports. Haliburton anyone?

Charles Schumer, D-New York said this:
'It now seems clear that this deal has finally been scuttled, and it is good news for keeping our country secure,' Schumer said in a statement. 'This announcement, once it is fulfilled, is exactly what we've been asking for. We will keep a watchful eye and our legislation at the ready until this deal is finally done.'
So what about the other ports managed by companies from other countries? There are a number of other ports managed by a different UAE company. I guess going after one company is good enough. Pat yourself on the back Mr. Schumer.

I hope the company that buys DPWorld's management rights is Haliburton. I want to see the stink that raises, even though it shouldn't. Haliburton is an American company and is best capable of such a job.