While channel surfing the other night, I stopped on one of the movie channels showing a scene in which a guy was picking a lock to a house in the proper manor (not in the usual movie fashion of using one lock picking "knife", You actually use several.) Intrigued, I contined watching.
The movie, a Korean film with English subtitles, is called "Bin-jip" and known as "3 Iron" or "Empty Houses" overseas.
The guy breaks into the house and stays there for a few days, while the occupants are away on vacation. He makes meals, fixes things, keeps the place clean but steals nothing. He does this several more times during the film.
During one break-in, he stumbles upon a woman, sitting and crying. She has bruises on her face. During their encounter, not a word is spoken. In point of fact, not a word was spoken in the film up to this point, that I had been watching. The guy befriends the woman, helps to cheer her up and she eventually joins him on his breaking-and-entry spree until he ultimately gets caught and sent to prison.
At first look, it is a very quirky film. On deeper viewing, it is very intriguing with a very sad and touchy romantic story. Readers at the Internet Movie Database, gave the movie an 8 out of 10. I definitely concur.
The last non-English film I watched was "Dark Blue World" about a Czech pilot flying for the RAF during WWII. Both are great movies and worthy of viewing, even if you have to do a lot of English subtitle reading.