Keyboard commands are great timesavers. And if you know enough of them, you can look like the computer users on the movies. You very rarely ever see them use a mouse or have problems unless it's five seconds before the bad guy enters the room ("Drat! I transposed the S on the command to open the bomb bay doors. Hang on...(keyboard noise)...there...(keyboarad noise)...ok, cool, while I was at it, I added $100,000 to your bank account and your son now has an A in physical education classes anymore. You so owe me big time."
One website has a huge plethora (how about that for a $10 word?) of them for the Mac.
I love keyboard commands. I was once even chastised (sorry, it's only a $5 word) by the instructor at a Microsoft seminar for using the keyboard instead of the mouse. She wanted to prove Windows 3.0 was just like the Mac and didn't require the keyboard like DOS.
So here's my advice for the weekend, learn some keyboard commands. Learn what right-clicking the mouse can do for you in each application.