Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Mother Of All Mountain Dew

As far as soda goes (no, I don't call it "pop"), I'm a Coca Cola fan. In second place is Mountain Dew and that's because we had a Pepsi vending machine in our high school. It was a toss up between getting soda between classes or using the quarters to play Asteroids at the grocery store after school let out. The caffeine really helped my friends and I survive our classes after Noon. To me, Caffeine-Free Mountain Dew is sort of sacrilege.

Mountain Dew as been around nationally since the year I was born. (Wikipedia.com is a great source of information).

And now, the mother of all Mountain Dew flavors will be unleashed this month. Mountain Dew MDX. It is being billed as an energy soda, a hybrid of Mountain Dew and an energy drink like Red Bull, but tasting a whole lot better. Oh yeah, and there's more caffeine.

In other words, this may be the jet fuel I need some mornings since I don't drink coffee. Recently though, I've tried Energy Orange from Jones Soda Co. but it doesn't do anything for me.