Monday, November 14, 2005

Sorry Martha But You're Fired

Sorry Martha, but your show just isn't working for us.

NBC said it will not order another season of the Martha Stewart version of "The Apprentice."

NBC: Martha, what do you think went wrong?

Martha: My show is a good thing because it features Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and...

NBC: So you're saying that's the problem? Answer my question.

Martha: It's Koppelman and his stupid cigar.

NBC: But you run the show, aren't you ultimately responsible?

Martha: I did my part. It's the other people. The house arrest didn't help and...

NBC:(chuckles) No, it didn't...

Martha: But Martha Stewart is a strong brand!

NBC: The ratings say otherwise.

Martha: What other executive can you get to replace me that has stronger recognition with the general public?

NBC: Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Ken Lay

Martha: But I run MSLO!

NBC: I think we've heard enough, Martha, I'm sorry but you just don't fit in. Thank you.