Videogames and comic book heros rarely make for good movies. Exceptions have been Batman (Batman Begins definitely, others depends on which one), Spiderman, Superman (once you work with the idea that eyeglasses really do keep Clark Kent's identity secret). Super Mario Brothers, no. Doom could have been good. Tomb Raider? So-so.
Halo, the beyond popular videogame for the Xbox is being made into a movie. According to one guy who allegedly got a hold of the alleged script said it is excellent, and he doesn't play videogames.
Another sure sign this movie will do well is that Peter Jackson is producing. Speaking of Peter Jackson, his schedule is pretty much carved in stone for awhile. He is releasing King Kong in December, Halo is due in 2007, as is The Lovely Bones, based on the bestselling book.
I've read The Lovely Bones and figured it would be made into a movie. This should be a welcome break from all the special effects laden Lord of the Rings, King Kong and Halo. Maybe returnig to the style he used for "Heavenly Creatures."
Yet another comic book hero coming to the big screen. Marvel Comics' Nick Fury. Who is rumored to portray the action hero? Will Smith (Independence Day, Hitch).
Back in the day, I only read one or two Nick Fury comics but maybe Samuel L. Jackson, Laurence Fishburne would be better. Actually, I like the one suggestion at Cinematical.com, George Clooney. I wouldn't be surprised if his hairstyle was inspired by reading Nick Fury comics.