Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Shack Attack

Radio Shack is now an authorized Apple reseller. Their stores will be stocking iPods in addition to the iPod accessories they already sell.

Hopefully, this also means they will be stocking Macs as well.

The one thing that can be said for Radio Shack is that unlike other electronics stores, the stuff they have on display are turned on and operational.

I went to Circuit City the other day to look at Palm PDAs and Windows Mobile PDAs. They had five on display. None were working (needed recharging) and the sales rep had no clue as to how to answer my question. Best Buy was no better.

I really, really, really wish we'd get a CompUSA here. There's no doubt they'd do well. The State College PA WalMart, in the North Atherton Mall, according to a manager I spoke with, is the most successful branch at the start of school. Probably because that Wal-Mart is Back To School central for many of the outlying towns in the area.

Since Lowe's is moving from their one location to a new one a quarter mile down the road, there's already a big-box store sized building waiting.