Wednesday, February 09, 2005

iPods Everywhere

There was a report earlier about many employees at Microsoft sporting iPods in the office that prompted higher-ups to frown on them.

CNet's News.com has reported that iPods are all over the place at a Microsoft developer conference. iPods were being offered as raffle prizes by some companies at their booths. One company not only offered an iPod as a door prize but free tunes from the iTunes Music Store as well.

Microsoft has a rival music service.

Not only that, I hear kids all the time asking for the iPod by name. Not asking for a "digital music player" or "mp3 player."

The iPod is now at the same brand/product recognition level as Coca Cola, Xerox, Kleenex, and, yes, Apple.

I am having difficulty this year collecting Pepsi iTunes bottle caps. Last year, I found a lot of them. This year, way too many people are collecting them.