Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Looking for a Name

For years, I've used Left of Center as the title of my weekly newsletter. The problem is, "Left of Center" is extremely popular and I need to make the newsletter and this web log more unique.

I've pondered name changes before but now I really need to pursue it. Right now, the address for this blog is http://leftofblog.blogspot.com because someone else is using Left of Center in their blogspot site. Left of Blog just doesn't seem right. Blog Grog? Blog Grok?

I also need to change the name because it could suggest my political leanings, which it doesn't.

I've always had a fascination with unique words. Some of my favorites, which people have heard or read my use of before: Potemkin, firkin, Grimalkin, Falken's Maze, Et Cetera and some others. In fact, when I made party mix cassettes (remember those?), they were known as "The Big Et Cetera."

Or I could stick with Left of Center.

Any ideas? My email isn't here because I don't want to help spammers profit from my address. If you know me and receive my newsletter, you should have my email address. Drop me a line with your ideas.